Houston chapter 13 plans have property tax and HOA reserves

If you file chapter 13 bankruptcy in Houston and you are behind on your property taxes or homeowners association/community association, you can create a reserve in the chapter 13 payment plan to pay for future property taxes or HOA dues through the chapter 13 trustee. You would give the chapter 13 trustee the funds a part of the payment plan, and when the fees are due, the chapter 13 trustee pays them upon request of the debtor by sending the bill to the chapter 13 trustee. The chapter 13 trustee would either be William Heitkamp or David Peake.

Recent Posts

See All

Know your rights regarding medical debts

Many people incorrectly assume medical debt is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Medical debt is considered unsecured debt and it is dischargeable. Therefore if you have astronomical medical debts, cal